New Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou touches down in Glasgow to begin work ahead of the new campaign as Bhoys aim to wrestle back Scottish Premiership crown from Rangers
- Ante Postecoglou flew from London to Glasgow to begin work as Celtic manager
- Ex-Australia boss completed quarantine then watched England vs Scotland
- He now begins pre-season work at Celtic’s Lennoxtown training ground
- Postecoglou has been appointed on a 12-month rolling contract at Parkhead
- Their Scottish Premiership campaign opens against Hearts on July 31
- Celtic take on Danish club Midtjylland in Champions League prior to that
- Find out the latest Euro 2020 news including fixtures, live action and results here
Ange Postecoglou has arrived in Glasgow to begin life as Celtic boss.
The former Australia manager flew from London on Wednesday afternoon following a period of quarantine in the capital where he met up with Hoops chief executive Dom McKay and watched England host Scotland in their Euro 2020 clash at Wembley.
Postecoglou was appointed Celtic boss on a 12-month rolling contract two weeks ago following a spell at Yokohama F. Marinos.
New Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou gives the thumbs up after arriving at Glasgow Airport
Postecoglou with Celtic chief executive Dominic McKay before getting to work in his new job
The 55-year-old made his way to the club’s Lennoxtown training ground, although some Celtic players have yet to return from international duty.
Postecoglou will take training for the first time on Thursday and will have 12 days working with the squad before Celtic leave for their pre-season training camp in Wales on July 5th.
Celtic are poised to begin pre-season as they try and regain their league title from Rangers
The Greek-Australian’s first game will be against Sheffield Wednesday on Wednesday, July 7th before three further pre-season friendlies against Charlton Athletic, Bristol City and Preston.
Those matches will be geared towards his first competitive game against Danish side FC Midtjylland in the Champions League second qualifying round at Celtic Park on Tuesday, July 20th.